Sticky Maple-Glazed Potatoes
This easy vegan one-pot Sticky Maple-Glazed Potatoes is a simple, effortless way to prepare baby potatoes. It makes a great side dish and a great addition to the holiday dinner table. These scrumptious golden fluffy baby potatoes are covered with caramelized sweet, sticky, and savory maple syrup & soy sauce garnished with nutty sesame seeds and fresh scallion. This dish is easy and straightforward to prepare, you have to make this tonight!
If you like one-pot straightforward potato dishes, you must check this one too! Sautéed Green Beans and Potatoes with a garlicky sauce
Sticky Maple-Glazed Potatoes Recipe
Potatoes are a good source of fiber. There are a number of different ways to prepare potatoes, among them Mashed, Baked, Roasted, Au Gratin, Scalloped, Grilled ,and cold Potato Salad.
The key element of this recipe is the “Sauce”- the caramelization of maple syrup and light soy sauce make the potatoes really tasty, It’s savory with a touch of sweetness with garlicky flavor( if you don’t like garlic, you can simply skip it!)
For this recipe, I use Baby Potatoes( as known as New Potatoes .) I prefer baby potatoes for this one-pot dish is because baby potatoes don’t need to be peeled before cooking, their skin is thin and tender. Therefore, you can have delicious cooked potato skins. (P.S.: Potato skins are rich in Fibre and Iron, they’re also a good source of vitamin B3. The potato skin has more nutrients than the interior of the potato!)
Besides the health benefits, in fact, baby potatoes( or new potatoes) have a more delicate, sweet taste and creamier texture than regular potatoes.
What you need for Sticky Maple-Glazed Potatoes
- Baby Potatoes — you can use starchy or all-rounder ones as they become fluffy when cooked and absorb flavour. Russets, Elba, Toss fingerling and Yukon Gold are all ideal.
- Garlic — finely chopped, they’re for flavor, to infuse the caramelized sauce. Garlic is the perfect savory compliment to the sweet maple syrup
- Light Soy sauce– L.K.K and Pearl River Bridge are my favorite. You can opt for gluten-free light soy sauce too.
- Maple Syrup– a must have for this recipe, no substitutions!
- White Sesame Seeds– Roasted sesame seeds give this dish extra nutty flavor.
- Scallion( Spring Onion)– Thinly sliced scallion for garnish.
How to make Sticky Maple-Glazed Potatoes
- Prepare baby potatoes by cutting large ones into halves( approx. 1 inch cubed- size), finely chop garlic, thinly slice scallion( spring onion) also measuring light soy sauce, maple syrup, and water.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, add cooking oil and potatoes. Pan-fry the potatoes for about 5 minutes or until the potatoes are slightly golden brown.
- Pour the water, soy sauce, maple syrup, and finely chopped garlic into the potatoes and bring it to a boil. Keep hard boil until most of the liquid is disappeared and thickened, it takes around 15 to 20 mins or until the potatoes are fully cooked. Stir and flip constantly by using a spatula, so the potatoes will be cooked evenly and coated with the caramelized sauce evenly.
- Check if potatoes are cooked by pricking. If they’re cooked, turn off the heat, finish with roasted white sesame seeds and then garnish with thinly sliced scallion. Serve immediately!
I could eat these every day and never get tired of them. Spuds…Spuds…SPUDS!!
Don’t Forget to Pin it onto your board!
Enjoy your Sticky Maple-Glazed Potatoes!
If you do try this recipe, let me know! –Let me know how you like it by rating the recipe & leaving a comment! by tagging @joyful_dumplings_vegan_recipes. I love seeing your creations!